- Toys'R'Us mobile exec. to head national retail sales at Single Touch
- Newegg Marketplace starts holiday shopping season right
- Toys'R'Us tackles the holiday with new marketing campaign
- Toys ‘R’ Us debuts revamped YouTube channel
- Toys'R'Us unveils key holiday initiatives at special preview event in NYC
WAYNE, N.J. — Toys"R"Us announced that it will open Cars 2-inspired “racetrack” boutiques in nearly 1,300 toy stores across the globe in time for the June 24 release of the feature film.
The company is opening the in-store boutiques in the United States on June 1 and will open additional boutiques internationally to coincide with the movie's release in each respective country. Toys"R"Us has also launched a dedicated Cars 2 website at Toysrus.com/Cars2.
The Cars 2 boutiques will be located at the front of each store and will include a racetrack featuring images of old and new characters from the film series. Toys"R" Us is also offering a number of exclusive items from such top brands as Mattel and Hasbro in stores and online.
“With its unique blend of humor, spy-themed fun and unforgettable new characters, we anticipate that Cars 2 will capture the imaginations of kids and parents who want to bring home the adventure from this animated feature film,” said Karen Dodge, SVP, chief merchandising officer, U.S.