Duck Tape brand duct tape is getting ready for Halloween with a product offering that will allow Halloween enthusiasts to jazz up Halloween décor, costumes and crafts and participate in the brand's Stick or Treat Jack-O-Lantern contest.
For the contest, participants can decorate their own real or artificial pumpkin using the palette of Duck Tape colors and designs for a chance to win a $1,000 cash grand prize. Participants can create a classically spooky Jack-O-Lantern or a Halloween-inspired monster.
Now in its seventh year, the contest runs through Oct. 31, and participants can enter their Duck Tape Jack-O-Lantern by submitting a photograph to StickOrTreat.com. A panel of judges will choose winners based on originality, workmanship, use of color and quantity of Duck Tape used. The second place winner will receive $500 and the third place winner will receive $250.
Duck Tape is available in a wide range of colors and designs, including the following new Halloween options:
• Scary Chevron: This print features a purple, orange and green chevron stripe.
• Ghoul and the Gang: This design is adorned with colorful skulls, pumpkins, ghosts and Frankenstein monsters.
• Glow-in-the-dark rolls and sheets: Glow sheets are available in assorted adhesive shapes, including moons, stars, circles, stripes, numbers and letters.
• Glow-in-the-dark Ducklings mini rolls: These smaller rolls are ideal for adding embellishments or intricate detail work to your Halloween creations.
• Classic Duck brand Halloween colors and designs: Make Halloween crafts using Black, Blaze Orange, Candy Corn and Purple Spider.
Duck Tape is also leveraging social media to show off some creations designed to inspire people to participate. Click here to see their Pinterest page. Pinterest.com/TheDuckBrand.
Duck Tape brand duct tape is available nationally at mass merchandise, craft, hardware, home center, food, drug, office, auto and specialty retailers in colors like aqua, fluorescent green, pink, orange and yellow, and designs such as Mustache, Cheeta Kisses and Comic Book. Duck Tape is marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, and the Duck brand, which offers an array of tapes, packaging supplies and home products.