Leading electronics-focused e-retailer Newegg is looking to grow its customer base while keeping existing customers happy with a new customer-benefit program, which offers, in part, complimentary expedited shipping for $49.99 per year.
"We always seek ways to improve the customer experience and implementing a benefit program is the latest example of how we're making it easier and more rewarding to shop at Newegg.com," said Soren Mills, chief marketing officer of Newegg North America. "Free expedited shipping is in itself a great benefit, but beyond that we're including many other perks to enhance the shopping experience."
Called Newegg Premier, the program’s membership benefits include:
- Free expedited shipping 3 days or less
- Discounted rates on 2-day and next-day shipping
- Special alerts to give members early notice of upcoming sales
- Member-only shopping experience with custom backgrounds and information panel
- Free returns with complimentary shipping and no restocking fees
- Exclusive deals for Newegg Premier members
- Dedicated customer service telephone number
Newegg's customer base has grown to more than 25 million registered users. Newegg is marketing the new customer-benefit program as one that offers “substantial” value not only to frequent customers, but also to any customer who desires a personalized, streamlined shopping experience.
Customers who sign up by Feb. 18 receive a free 30-day trial.