Eddie Bauer has unveiled a free iPhone app, called Eddie Bauer Adventure Guide, which lets outdoor enthusiasts look up more than 10,000 unique U.S. locations across nine different activities.
"Inspiring and enabling people to get outside and live their adventure is what we do as a brand," Mike Egeck, CEO of Eddie Bauer, said. "Our new iPhone app makes it easy to do just that."
The app was designed to serve as the ultimate resource for planning outdoor adventures. By utilizing the intuitive Guide Me interface, users will instantly receive tailored results after selecting specific criteria including the outdoor activity, location, personal skill, child and pet friendliness, and ADA accessibility.
Each result features a star rating provided by outdoor experts, and contains a detailed description of the location and relevant information, including the following:
- Current temperature and weather (powered by Wunderground)
- Distance to the adventure, easily accessible driving directions, and a step-by-step path to the activity starting point
- Duration of the trip and hours of daylight available to plan accordingly
- Trail type (loop, out-and-back, etc.), seasonality and total elevation of the activity, when applicable
- Recommended Eddie Bauer outerwear, apparel and gear for any adventure
At launch, the app features destinations to enjoy hiking, backpacking, trail running, mountain biking, stand-up paddling, kayaking/canoeing, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and alpine skiing. New locations, activities and functionality will be added in future releases.