- Walmart Stores raises $20 million for Children's Miracle Network
- Walmart and Sam's Club raise nearly $28M for Children's Miracle Network
- Children's Miracle Network gets support from Walmart
- Walmart, Sam's Club offer opportunity to support children's charity
- Food Lion, customers raise more than $100K for Children's Miracle Network Hospital
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion announced that this year's fundraising campaign to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals totaled $4.2 million.
This year's donation represents a 43% increase over last year, Food Lion said. The supermarket chain, which has supported CMN Hospitals since 1991, has raised more than $40 million for the organization.
"Our associates and customers have done a wonderful job this year in raising much-needed funds — one dollar at a time — to help support research and treatment at children's hospitals," Food Lion president Cathy Green Burns said. "This organization makes a tremendous difference in our communities. At Food Lion, we are passionate about children's health and wellness issues, and we are fortunate to have partnered with this incredible organization for the past 20 years."