Rakuten LinkShare announced double-digit year-over-year growth during Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, driven primarily by transactions conducted on mobile devices.
- Same-store sales increased 48% year-over-year.
- Overall mobile sales increased 85% year-over-year.
- Smartphones represented 6.8% of sales, which is 162% year-over-year growth.
- Transactions conducted on tablets were 12.8% of sales, representing a 60% year-over-year growth.
- Same-store sales increased 44% year-over-year.
- Overall mobile sales increased 64% year-over-year.
- Smartphones represented 5.3% of sales, a year-over-year increase of 121%.
- Tablet transactions represented 11.9% of sales, a 47% year-over-year increase.
- Same-store sales were up 41% year-over-year.
- Overall mobile sales increased 60% year-over-year.
- Smartphones represented 4.2% of sales, a year-over-year increase of 110%.
- Tablet transactions were 9.4% of sales, a year-over-year increase of 46%.
The top grossing categories throughout each of the days included computers and electronics, apparel and video games.
“Over the past few years, online retailers have experienced record-breaking kickoffs to the holiday shopping season,” said Yaz Iida, CEO, Rakuten LinkShare. “As they look for even greater gains, we’re committed to providing the most advanced technology and services that will ensure their success during the busy holiday season and throughout the year.”
Rakuten LinkShare Corporation provides online retailers and other businesses with online marketing services and solutions. Its clients include J.C. Penney, 1-800-Flowers.com, American Express, Avon Products and the Body Shop. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Tampa, London, Tokyo, São Paulo and Sydney.