- Stein Mart appoints new director of e-commerce following solid first quarter
- Stein Mart to open six new stores ahead of holiday season
- Stein Mart marks ninth consecutive quarter of positive sales
- Stein Mart’s August sales bolstered by Texas locations
- Texas and the Carolinas drive September sales at Stein Mart
Stein Mart plans to open 10 new stores this year as part of its largest store expansion since 2007.
Locations in the Miami, Washington, D.C., and Las Vegas areas are set to open this spring, bringing the company's total nationwide store count to more than 270.
“We understand that increasing our number of stores is an important part of our sales growth strategy, so this is significant news for us,” said Jay Stein, CEO of Stein Mart. “We are fortunate to have a talented management team that identifies key locations in targeted growth areas, so we are always prepared to act when a prime location becomes available."
The announcement of this expansion follows the company's fiscal 2013 same-store sales growth of 3.7%.