More than a dozen executives in Walmart’s merchandising organization will begin the new fiscal year with different responsibilities following a restructuring announced on Thursday.
An internal announcement from Duncan Mac Naughton, Walmart’s chief merchandising and marketing officer detailed the moves involving executives with responsibilities for food, consumables, health and wellness, general merchandise, merchandise execution and private label.
“We’re coming off a strong year and beginning our new fiscal year with accelerating momentum with every part of our business focused on being even more responsive to our customers,” said Mac Naughton said in an internal announcement. “These moves strengthen our merchant talent and capabilities across the globe, and this is a testament to the strength we have in our business.”
Among the notable changes were:
• John Aden was named to the new role as EVP of merchandise services. His new responsibilities include replenishment, merchandise execution, small formats and supplier diversity.
• Assuming Aden’s previous responsibilities as EVP of general merchandise is Steve Bratspies. He assumes responsibility for entertainment, toys, seasonal, sporting goods, automotive, hardware, paint, stationery, crafts and fabric. Bratspies joined Walmart in 2006, initially as a SVP of marketing and most recently served as SVP of dry grocery.
• Laura Phillips was named SVP of entertainment after previously serving as SVP of toys, seasonal and celebrations, and will report to Bratspies.
• Moving into Phillips prior position will be Scott McCall. He currently serves as SVP of health and wellness, but earlier in his Walmart career, which began in 1993, he was responsible for toys. He too will report to Bratspies.
• Rejoining Sam’s Club in a new capacity as SVP of merchandise business services is Seong Ohm. She currently serves as SVP of entertainment, but previously working in Sam’s merchandising and also spent time at Walmart’s Japanese subsidiary Seiyu.
• In the health and wellness area, Carmen Bauza was named SVP of OTC health and wellness. She fills the roll previously occupied by McCall and will