- Stein Mart appoints new director of e-commerce following solid first quarter
- J.C. Penney names retail finance vet to replace CFO Hannah
- Sears promotes fitness program with former Steeler Hines Ward
- Belk teams up with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
- Belk issues open call to local kids for fashion show
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Belk has partnered with NFL quarterback Cam Newton to launch an exclusive line of men's apparel.
The Made Cam Newton collection will first include professional apparel options for men and will expand to include accessories and shoes in fall 2013.
"Professional sports play an increasingly important role in fashion, and as a fashion retailer, Belk is excited to be at the forefront of the trend through this brand," says Kathryn Bufano, president and merchandising officer for Belk. "Cam Newton personifies our company's dedication to family, community and the Southern lifestyle, and therefore is a perfect complement to Belk's modern Southern fashions."
By spring 2013, Made Cam Newton will be available in 133 Belk stores across the southeast and on Belk.com.