According to a new survey from customer intelligence firm, Market Force Information, The Children's Place is consumers' top pick for young children's (10 and younger) apparel when the votes are indexed for the number of stores. The Children's Place earned 17% of the votes, while Gymboree ranked second (13%), and Kohl's and Carter's tied for third with 12%. For children 11 and older, Aeropostale was ranked favorite retailer with 17% of the votes, followed closely by Kohl's (16%) and then Old Navy (10%).
All of the survey participants indicated that they made a clothing or accessory purchase over the past three months. Within that timeframe, more than half (53%) said they shopped for clothing three or more times, with one-quarter of them opening their wallets to fashion retailers six or more times. The remainder (47%) shopped for clothing one or two times.
Fifty-eight percent of survey participants reported shopping for children's clothing in the past three months. Twenty-one percent shopped for children 11 and older, while 37% shopped for children 10 and younger. However, shopping for children's clothing seems to take up a larger percentage of parental budgets than these figures suggest, as only one in two of all respondents reported having children living at home.